Sunday 26 September 2010

From anime to manga

After a month without manga I figured a good place to start would be Naruto. Naruto was the first manga I started reading. Back then I was much more into anime, I watched loads of anime, I couldn't get enough. But now, I hardly watch any, manga took over and I don't feel a need to return to anime. If you're wondering what caused the shift from anime to manga the answer is simple...Naruto. After watching Naruto devotedly for a few years, I wanted to know more. Anime progresses fairly slowly, they have to flesh out the story to make it a viable show and they throw in filler arcs when they want.

I was aware that manga was the primary media and anime the secondary so manga was ahead in terms of the story. My impatience and desire to know what would happen (without spoilers) drove me to read Naruto instead of watching it. I got my wish, I read and read and read happily finding out what happened well ahead of the anime. Sadly, it did not last long, I caught up with the publication and hit a wall. Forced to wait for the weekly releases until the manga inevitably ended.

Or did I? Well, yes but, there was something I could do to sate my appetite while I waited...read something else. Bleach was the obvious choice, it was another anime I desperately wanted see more of. Reading Bleach followed the same path as reading Naruto, I caught up. This was my pattern, I would find a manga, read as much as I could and then move onto a new one. Now I wait patiently (sort of) for the releases of all of the manga I read. I still look for new stuff to read but it is difficult, it appears as though I already read all of the manga that have many chapters. Its not all bad news though, manga is something worth waiting for and in the end when they finish...I can go back to the start and read through every chapter without having to wait.

12 comments:

Jimmy Volmer said...

looking forward to the next update...

JP said...

I can see why you choose manga, but personally id rather kick back and view anime and just be entertained by the fillers and the rest :)

RoodNverse said...

i can enjoy both fairly the same , relax with both kinds ,i get what your saying , interesting read

Lovellama said...

Sick post.

Come At Me Bro said...

This is sweet!

Admin said...

manga > anime any day. much more entertaining imo :)

James said...

Agreed much more entertaining.

Unknown said...

Im more for anime.
I will follow u :D

Archivist X0042 said...

dont we all do the same thing?

momo said...

i approve of this

daniel. said...

try the uzamaki manga. thats a good start up.

la comédie said...

great post